Group Mentoring for Mentors - only $189!
Group mentoring is quickly becoming a popular mentoring model thanks to the influx of Millennials in the workforce. While Millennials still value the mentoring concept, they appreciate collaboration and a team approach in addition to one-on-one mentoring.
This means group mentors need to understand the difference between mentoring an individual and mentoring a group of mentorees, which brings us to our new online mentor course: Group Mentoring for Mentors.
Here's just some of what you'll learn in this mentoring course.
- Differences between 1-on-1 and Group Mentoring
- What Mentors do and What Mentorees do
- Role of the Mentoring Group Leader (MGL)
- Mentoring Group Process
- Mentoring Group Outcomes
- Mentoring Group Status Roles
- Emotional Issues in Mentoring Groups
- Communication Patterns in Mentoring Groups
- Establishing Group Norms
- Establishing Confidentiality and Trust
- Managing Relationships Outside the Formal Group
- Common Challenges and Strategies
- Vying for attention
- Maintaining Control
- Formal and informal leaders
- Competition within the group
- Violating confidentiality
- Attendance issues
- Waning group energy/interest
- Disruptive behaviors
- Mentoring Group Timeline and Schedule
- Bringing Closure to Your Group