Are you worried about the "talent crunch"? Buzzwords aside, it's a real issue facing companies around the world today. According to Manpower Inc's fifth annual Talent Shortage Survey, "Thirty-one percent of employers worldwide report having difficulty filling key positions within their organization - a rise of one percentage point from 2009, amidst a perpetual global pool of available workers."
The Solution? Develop Your Existing Talent.
It's not always easy to see, but we're pretty sure you already have most of the talent you need. You just need a way to tap into everyone's leadership potential and bring it all together for everyone's benefit.
And that's exactly what Anytime Mentoring, our newest concept that's available as a standalone product and also as a feature in the full MentoringComplete suite.
What is Anytime Mentoring?
- It's designed around the concept of "knowledge share" and allows your employees to easily identify who has what skills and expertise so they can learn from one another.
- It's social learning with an intuitive interface that's similar to other popular social networks.
- It's entirely web-based -- all you need is Internet access and a browser. This makes it the perfect solution for virtual work environments or people spread out across different offices, branches, states, and even continents.
What are the Benefits of Anytime Mentoring?
- Anytime Mentoring leverages your employees' wealth of knowledge and expertise and creates relationships that are mutually beneficial, that break down the silo mentality, and that build a learning community. Employees are free to have multiple mentors and create relationships that last weeks, months, or even years. The benefits are many:
- The sharing of expertise and knowledge across all levels of the organization will help result in fewer errors and better sales and customer service.
- Because Anytime Mentoring is web-based, employees will be able to link with other employees in ways they might never have been able to do while using traditional methods of mentoring and talent management.
- Since companies in Anytime Mentoring use company specific competencies in searching for a suitable mentor, this assures that development of the mentoree will focus on what the company needs and not random development with no connection to the company.
- Fostering a cooperative, supportive, learning environment results in greater employee loyalty to the company.
- Anytime Mentoring provides a way for every single employee to contribute, share, and impact the organization.
- Anytime Mentoring also creates a culture of "continuous improvement" and an effective way to find timely answers and solutions to problems.
How Does Anytime Mentoring Work?
Employees are added to the system and create a profile. Once completed employees can:
- Choose to mentor or be mentored
- Create projects with their mentor
- Create tasks for projects
- Create and share resources
- Ask questions from anyone in the system