'Tis the season for cheer, goodwill, and "best of" lists.
To help with the latter, we're rounding up some of our most-viewed articles in 2017...along with our top picks from around the web.
From our blog...
1. How to Prepare for Your Meeting with Your Mentor. Our most popular blog post in 2017, this article will help mentorees feel confident as they head into the all-important first meeting with their mentors.
2. Mentoring Goals: Examples for Inspiration. Mentors and mentorees often struggle with setting realistic goals. This article provides practical advice, including how many goals you should aim for and how to break down big goals into mini goals.
3. How to Ask Someone to Be Your Mentor. Just in time for new year's resolutions, this article offers helpful tips that will allow you to ask with confidence.
4. Ten Differences Between Formal and Informal Mentoring. Both can be effective, depending on the situation and your goals.
5. How to Start a Mentoring Program. Another apt article for this time of year, this one will show you how to get a formal program off the ground.
From around the web...
6. My 150 Writing Mentors and Me. This article from The Atlantic is a fun read.
7. Work and the Loneliness Epidemic. And this one is an important read. (Psst. Mentoring can help!)
8. Executive Mentors Wanted. Only Millennials Need Apply. We think the "mentoring" described within is more like coaching, but the article is worth reading.
9. How Can Mentors Give Feedback to Founders without Discouraging Them? Mentoring entrepreneurs can be tricky. Some great ideas here.
10. When It's Hard for Women to Find Male Mentors. An important read from The Atlantic. Really makes you think.
By the way, do you have leftover budget you need to use by 12/31/17? We have several excellent e-learning courses to check out:
- Maximizing Mentoring Success - $89 (perfect for new mentors and mentorees!)
- Mentoring Program Manager Certification - $199
- Group Mentoring for Mentors - $189
- Training for Executive Mentors - $225
On behalf of all of us at Management Mentors, we wish you a joyful holiday season and a happy, healthy, and prosperous 2018.