Employers create and implement mentoring programs for generally the following reasons:
- Retain talent within the organization
- Help new employees to better acculturate to the company
- Part of succession planning programs
- Promotes diversity initiatives
- Knowledge transfer, especially for retiring employees
Given other programs implemented by companies such as leadership development, performance management, etc. mentoring is a lower cost initiative that generally pays for itself if a company saves 1-2 employees from leaving the company.
If you'd like, click here to go back to our website and read some other articles that may provide further information.