Sometimes when pairs have been together for a while, they may feel like they have run out of topics to discuss. In our workbook Executive Mentoring*, we have a Topical Resources Guide that can assist in stimulating conversation. What follows is a sample of questions that help explore your mentoree's relationships within the company.
- Describe your top 5 relationships within the company that strategically impact your success.
- What makes these critical for you?
- Taking each in turn, what are the positive and what are the challenging aspects of each?
- Which of these, if any, do you wish to further develop and why?
- What are the one or two specific actions you wish to take to accomplish this?
- How would you describe your relationship with your immediate manager?
- What would you like to change about the relationship?
- What steps can you take to make that change?
- What is the one idea or strategy that you will implement as a result of today's discussion?
We hope that these questions will enhance your discussions with your mentoree.
Now your turn! Do you have any other questions that you would recommend?
*Our Executive Mentoring Workbook will be available in January. Stay tuned!Image Credit: © Flynt | Dreamstime.com