At least once a quarter, we like to share business mentoring articles we’ve been reading and sharing internally. Here’s our final roundup of 2016. (Go here, here, and here to read previous installments from this year.)
1. Mentors Can Show Way at Work. This article highlights Andrea Crisafulli, president of Crisafulli Bros. Plumbing and Heating Contractors. Crisafulli has had many great mentors along the way and has paid it forward as well.
Insightful quote: “Having someone to show you the ropes and make introductions for you when you're just getting your career going is valuable. But it's also worthwhile to keep adding to your roster of mentors at every stage of your life.”
2. This Mentoring Program Helps Women Learn to Win, and Make Their Communities Better. This Adweek article discusses a mentoring “residency” that brings young women from around the globe to the US where they are matched with female executives in ad agencies, media companies, sports leagues, and top-tier brands.
Insightful quote: “During their monthlong stay this fall, they fine-tuned ideas to improve their communities—with most programs aimed at women and children in low-income areas—and wrote action plans with help from female executives at RPA, Saatchi & Saatchi LA and Disney XD in Los Angeles.”
3. Mentoring Is a Win-Win-Win for Aspiring Attorneys, Mentors and Firms. The Legal Intelligencer shares an article co-authored by four attorneys who discuss mentoring’s many benefits (and not just to the mentorees).
Insightful quote. “In an era where work-life balance has become a priority, mentoring teaches lawyers the art of balancing the living of life with the practice of law and greatly enhances a new attorney's chances for success.
4. Mentoring program helps… We’re thrilled to see how many articles include the words “Mentoring program helps” (or various variations) in their headlines. We’ve been encountering so many that it’s hard to keep up. Here are three to check out.
- Mentoring program helps teachers survive first few years.
- Mentoring program helps veterans adjust to civilian life.
- National mentoring program propels Hampton Roads startups
5. Saving Lives through Mentoring. As the description of the video states, “Midwives in Burkina Faso share their stories on mentoring, training, and guidance.” Watch the video below.
Have you come across any great mentoring articles? Share with a link in the comments!