Sometimes we like to take a step back to see what you—our readers—are most interested in. As such, here are five blog posts from our mentoring archives that have been receiving a lot of attention lately.
1. How to Prepare for Your Meeting with Your Mentor. The early stages of a mentoring relationship can be nerve-wracking, especially for the mentoree. Here's how to diminish that anxiety.
2. How to Ask Someone to be Your Mentor. Let's face it: asking someone to be your mentor can feel like a daunting task. What if the person says no? What if you stumble through your invite? What if you forget what to say? Here's a simple strategy that helps eliminate the potential awkwardness.
3. Ten Differences Between Formal and Informal Mentoring. There are many different "flavors" of mentoring—but the two main umbrellas are formal and informal mentoring. This quick-hitting list identifies the main differences. Remember: there's no one right or wrong way—just what's right for any given organization and/or individual.
4. Mentoring Goals: Examples for Inspiration. Those beginning stages of mentoring are so important. Use these mentoring goals to inspire your own.
5. Sharing Skills and Knowledge: Don't Leave it to Chance. All organizations should have a formal way of sharing and preserving knowledge within the organization.
If there's a mentoring topic you'd like us to write about, let us know. Leave a comment below or contact us.