On-Site Mentoring Training
We provide in-person mentoring certification in all the various professional roles involved in mentoring programs. Our certification is based upon experience and tested principles of mentoring that we have used for 20 years.
Through our sister company, Mentoring University, we have developed an approach to the certification process that focuses on providing real experiential learning to those being certified. Unlike other organizations that offer “certification” in one- or two-day workshops that promise a lot but deliver less than expected, our mentoring certification program goes much deeper. For most of our clients, we work with one or two individuals at their facility and then stay with them for lengthy periods of time in order to assess their progress so that by the end of the specified certification period they are confident of their new role.
Following is more information on each type of program. Please contact us directly if you'd like to learn more and so that we can develop a customized quote depending on your organization's needs.
Mentoring Program Manager Certification (MPM)
This certification is for those employees within an organization who are charged with the responsibility of creating, implementing and managing one or more mentoring programs. It generally involves approximately 100 contact hours with Management Mentors, Inc. and covers all the Best Practices components that have been demonstrated as critical to creating effective programs. In the certification process, candidates will become knowledgeable in the following areas:
- How mentoring differs from other professional development systems.
- The role of the Mentoring Program Manager in effective mentoring.
- How to design business mentoring programs.
- How to implement mentoring within an organization.
- Various methods available to create effective matches.
- How to conduct effective training with mentors and mentorees and how to orient mentoree managers to their role in mentoring.
- How to maintain ongoing contact with mentoring pairs to assist them in having an effective relationship.
- How to design a process for assessing the effectiveness of mentoring programs.
- The most common challenges faced in mentoring programs and mentoring relationships and how to meet these challenges effectively.
Executive Mentor Certification (EM)
This certification is for the Presidents and Vice Presidents of companies who are engaged in mentoring at the highest levels. It involves at least 7 hours of workshop time: 4 hours with peers and 3 hours with their partner. In addition, there can be several sessions with the Management Mentors, Inc. consultant for feedback and guidance in the relationship.In the certification process, Executive Mentors will learn:
- How Executive Mentoring is different from all other forms of professional development.
- The core competencies of Executive Mentors.
- The core relationship competencies of Executive Mentors.
- The role of the executive mentoree.
- How to strategize about the most common challenges in Executive Mentoring.
- How to use the techniques and tools available in the workbook.
It generally involves 10 contact hours: 4 hours in the workshop with other mentors and 3 hours with their partner and other pairs. In addition, there are usually 3 quarterly sessions of up to one hour each.In the certification process, mentors will learn:
- The importance of managing expectations in a relationship.
- The role of the mentor and mentoree.
- Several techniques on how best to work with a mentoree.
- How to address the most common challenges faced by mentoring pairs.
- The mentor’s and mentoree’s preferred communication styles and how these will affect the relationship.
- How best to end a formal mentoring relationship.
Mentoring Trainer Certification (MT)
This certification is for those employees whose role is to conduct training for mentors and mentorees engaged in a one-on-one relationship. It generally involves 16 contact hours during a two-day period.
In the certification process, the Mentoring Trainer will learn:
How to assist mentors and mentorees to identify and clarify expectations.Help participants to gain an understanding of the critical components necessary to create an effective mentoring relationship. Give participants practical tools they can use to create and manage their relationship.Help participants identify their preferred communication styles and how these styles affect their ongoing communications.
Group Mentoring Program Manager Certification (GMPM)
This certification is for employees within an organization who are responsible for managing and training group mentors and mentorees. It generally involves approximately 100 contact hours during the course of a group-mentoring program that includes 5 group mentors and 25 mentorees.
In the certification process, candidates will learn how to:
Conduct training for Mentoring Group Leaders. Observe and provide feedback to Mentoring Group Leaders as they conduct their first group mentoring session. Provide ongoing support to Mentoring Group Leaders throughout the program. Create and conduct group mentoring evaluations at the end of the program.
Mentoring Group Leader Certification (MGL)
This certification is for employees whose role is to conduct group-mentoring sessions. This generally involves approximately 10 contact hours during the course of the duration of the mentoring group.
In the certification process, the Mentoring Group Leader will:
- Understand the differences between one-on-one and group mentoring.
- Learn the role of the mentoring group leader.
- Learn their preferred facilitation style as a Group Mentoring Leader.
- Learn the preferred group mentoree role of the participants.
- Gain knowledge about the mentoring group system, including process, outcomes, roles and communication patterns.
- Learn and develop techniques on how to effectively manage the group.
- Develop a facility in using a variety of group mentoring tools.
For more information on our mentoring certifications, call us at 617-789-4622617-789-4622 or contact us today.
Note: We also offer online mentoring training: online certification for program managers, online training for mentors and mentorees, and online programs that have been approved for recertification credits through the HR Certification Institute.